Motorized Blinds & Shades
Control the light by just tapping once!
Our team can motorize any window treatment system from drapery to blinds and shades. Use a remote control or a mobile device to control all of your windows at once or program automatic morning/evening flows. Connect it to your smart-home system and enjoy the benefits of the 21st century.
Tested systems, case-by-case approach
Smooth run, instant reaction, lasting mechanisms. Our mechanization is reliable, and our experts know how to automate your home or office window treatments: even the most challenging projects & unusual windows. We’d come up with a solution.
Call us now & we’d help you pick the right system.
Smart Window Shades and Motorized Blinds in Toronto
Automated smart blinds for your windows by Open Blinds!
Technology isn’t stagnant. Every day it becomes a bigger and better part of our lives and makes life easier. Motorized blinds and motorized shades are the perfect examples of that. While this window accessory was considered a novelty at once, automated blinds are now trendy.
Our crew can motorize any window treatment system, from draperies to blinds and curtains. Open Blinds keeps up with the times, providing our clients with the finest smart blinds.
Benefits of Automated Blinds
Our curtains with electric eaves have several advantages:
- high quality (made from premium textiles, samples of which you can find in our catalogues);
- reliable (we partner with only the most trustworthy manufacturers of motorized blinds and shades automatics);
- affordable (we offer budget-friendly options for ordering motorized shades through us);
- silent operation (thanks to the quiet operation of electric curtain rods, curtains can be installed in bedrooms, offices and children’s rooms).
Details About How Motorized Shades are Operated
We use reliable motorized curtain rods in our draperies. These electrically controlled curtain rods allow you to open and close curtains effortlessly. Depending on the type of curtain rod drive selected, such systems can be controlled by a radio remote control or a cordless push-button.
Motorized curtain rods are designed for curtain weights of up to 50 kg. Products are easily integrated into the “Smart Home” system, allowing remote control of products.
Varieties of Automated Curtains from Open Blinds
Open Blinds offers a massive assortment of window coverings on motorized curtain rods. The automated shades are varied in terms of the type of fabric and texture, samples of which can be found in the catalogues of our company. When you purchase our automated window coverings, you can rest assured that they will last for many years to come.
Easy Installation and Adjustment of Motorized Blinds
Installation of curtains with automated curtain rods is not a difficult task if you follow a few rules:
1) Before you install, measure the width and length of the window, then decide what height the curtains will sit on;
2) Determine the structure’s exact shape and agree on design;
3) The canvas should be wider than the window opening by 0-50 cm when closing the curtains securely.
The location of the brackets will vary depending on the type of mount: for ceilings – the brackets must be installed strictly vertically; for walls – they need to be placed at roughly the same distance from the wall.
Don’t forget! The longer the cornice, the more extra brackets you’ll need to use. Your motor horsepower will also be affected by this indicator. It’s essential to set up all the hardware after installation.
If you are scared of doing the installation yourself and want them to last a very long time, it is better to leave the installation to the specialists at our company. They have undergone special training and know all the intricacies of installing and setting up electric cornices.
How to Choose and Order Motorized Blinds in Toronto from Open Blinds?
Feel free to order automated blinds on the Open Blinds website. To do this, it is better to contact our estimators and designers, who will familiarize you with catalogues and fabric samples and help you choose an appropriate electric curtain rod. Our managers are happy to answer any questions that may arise.
The main differences lie in the types of eaves. They can vary:
- by the weight of the curtains;
- by the kind of control (using the remote control, keys, smartphone or remotely in the “Smart Home” systems);
- by noise level (completely silent or with minimal noise);
- by the type of connection (from the network, from a solar panel or batteries).
Our company produces not only straight cornices. We can order curved cornices, including arched bay windows and corners.
Yes, you can. To do this, you must select a multi-channel control panel.
For bedrooms, children’s rooms, and living rooms, selecting the window coverings with silent motors of electric eaves is better. Curtain fabrics should be chosen dense (like blackout) to ensure comfortable sleep and rest. Any shades of material and textures will do. The main thing is to adhere to the general concept of room design.
It is better to order automated roller shades or Japanese curtains for the kitchen and bathrooms. They are more practical to care for and use, as they are made of fabrics that do not absorb odours and repel dirt.
Apart from roller blinds, automated curtains can be washed in a washing machine on a delicate cycle (30 ˚ C) or by hand. When cleaning, consider the fabric from which the garment is sewn. Before washing, the curtains must be removed from the electric cornice. It is better to dry the curtains hanging. After the product is dehydrated, vertical steaming or ironing is recommended.
The best way to clean curtains is with a steam cleaner. If you have high panoramic windows, you can use the services of cleaning companies that will save you time.
To install a motorized curtains rod, you need to know the length and width of the window. Also, consider the height at which the curtains will be.
Important! To close the curtains tightly, the width of the canvas should exceed the dimensions of the window opening by 30-50 cm. If you have any questions about measurements, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the specialists of our company!
Installation of curtains with electric rods can be done independently, adhering to the following rules:
1) precisely define the shape of the structure;
2) before installation, correctly calculate the width and length of windows and curtains;
3) fix the brackets depending on the fastening (for ceiling – fix them strictly horizontally, for wall – place them at equal distances from the wall);
4) connect and configure the electric curtain rod;
5) hang the curtains by threading the hooks into the rod slider.
If you have any difficulties or questions during the installation of curtains, we advise you to contact the Open Blinds specialists. You can also use the installation services of our company.